Sex Attack Girl Keen To Return To School
The nine-year-old Nakasi rape victim is keen to return to school.
But she will be going to a new school in Suva.
The girl’s father said: “We are looking for a new school for my daughter. It will be near our new home.”
He said: “My daughter is fine now. After her check-up next Tuesday and upon doctor’s approval we will then send her to school”.
Her grandfather said yesterday: “she is willing to go to school.”
He said she had made a remarkable recovery because of the overwhelming sympathy and support of many people.
He expressed the family’s gratitude to the publicity provided by the Fiji Sun which motivated people to come forward and help.
He said there were many people the family wanted to thank, especially the Government and its ministers including Minister for Housing Parveen Kumar, Minister for Women, Children and Poverty Alleviation Rosy Akbar, Minister for Education, Heritage and Arts Mahendra Reddy, and Assistant Minister for Medical Services Veena Bhatnagar to name a few.
“On behalf of the family and my granddaughter, I want to thank all of you for your love and support towards the family,” he said
“You helped to lighten our burden. I do not wish this on anyone. It has been an emotionally devastating experience.”
The girl was discharged from Colonial War Memorial Hospital in Suva on Monday.
On Tuesday last week she was on her way from school when she was grabbed on the road, dragged several metres and raped allegedly by two men.
She does not want to return to her Nakasi home because it will remind her of the crime.
Mr Kumar has given two rent-free modern flats as a temporary home for the family for the next six months while a permanent alternative is being worked out.
Since her release from hospital, she has been staying in a secret location with relatives.
Minister for Education, Heritage and Arts Mahendra Reddy has offered the girl a school of her choice.
Saurce : Duniya Ke Samachar
July 15, 2015