Dad will not see son in school uniform
Timaima Tuivita with daughter, Mereoni Gugu, 2, yesterday. Picture: SOLOMONE RABULU
THE family of a Year 1 student of Veiuto Primary School is mourning his death after he was reportedly electrocuted on Friday afternoon, at his Lami Village home.
Dead is Tomasi Raimuria Melb Kaivu, also known to his family as Bee, who was to have celebrated his younger sister’s second birthday today.
His grandmother, Veniana Kaivu, could not contain her emotions as she cried for the child whom she had helped raise since birth.
“Isa noqu daulomani, bau yadra mada mai mo mai kana, sa ra kana oti kece na gone, sa ra qito i tuba, Isa Bee sa ra mai raica nodaru vale na vulagi,” an emotional Mrs Kaivu cried out (My sweetheart please wake up and come and have lunch, all the children have had their lunch and are now playing outside. Bee, strangers are now visiting our house)
His mother, Timaima Tuivita, said her son had returned home after 4pm, she asked him to take off his uniform and change into his casual wear. This was also their last conversation.
Few minutes later, some children came running asking her to go to the shop as something had happened to her son. When she arrived, her son was lying on the pavement with blood coming out of his nose.
“He had cried out and reached out his hand, one of the children that were with him tried to grab his hand, but he was shocked too, then another man saw what happened and tried to help and couldn’t touch him as well,” Ms Tuivita said.
“A teacher then used a stick to turn him over. After a while, I was then able to carry him.
“By the time we reached the health centre, the nurses pronounced him dead.”
Ms Tuivita said her husband, who is a fisherman, was still not aware of the incident as he was still out at sea.
“His father had left before school started, and has not even seen his son wear his uniform. This hurts so much,” she said
Sourse : Fiji Times Online