45 Lesser Known Amazing Human
1. Children grow faster in springtime
2. It is not possible to tickle yourself.
3. All babies are color blind at birth…, they see only black and white.
4. Each person sheds 22 kilograms of skin in his or her lifetime.
5. Average life span of a taste bud is only 10 days.
6. Your teeth start growing 6 months before you are born.
7. Largest muscle in your body is one on which you are sitting on.
8. Children have more taste buds than adults.
9. Eyes stay the same size throughout life but nose and ears never stop growing.
10. There are approximately 96,000 km of blood vessels in the human body.
11. Heart circulates blood in your body about 1000 times each day.
12. When you blush, your stomach lining also reddens.
13. When you sleep, you grow by about 8mm (0.3in). The next day you shrink back to your former height. The reason is that your cartilage discs are squeezed like sponges by the force of gravity when you stand or sit..
14. A mans testicles manufacture 10 million new sperm cells each day – enough that he could repopulate the entire planet in only 6 months!
15. Scientists say the higher your I.Q. the more you dream.
16. You lose your taste buds as you age
17. Food takes 7 seconds to reach stomach from mouth.
18. The largest cell in the human body is the female egg and the smallest is the male sperm
19. The female ovaries contain nearly half-a-million egg cells, yet only 400 or so will ever get the opportunity to create a new life.
20. The human feet have 500,000 sweat glands and can produce more than a pint of sweat a day.
21. The only part of your body that has no blood supply is the cornea in the eye. It gets its oxygen directly from air.
22. There are 500 hairs in an eyebrow.
23. Human skull is made up of 26 different bones.
24. You are born without knee caps and they don’t appear until age of 2 to 6 years.
25. Your heart beats 100 000 times a day.
26. Your blood has same amount of salts in it as an ocean has.
27. Men lose about 40 hairs in a day and women lose 70 hairs in a day.
28. In your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.
29. Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
30. Eyelashes last about 150 days.
31. The kidneys filter your blood up to 300 times per day.
32. Tongue is the strongest muscle in human body.
33. The average human body contains approximately 100 billion nerve cells.
34. The air from a sneeze can travel at unbelievable speeds of 100 mph or more.
35. When you were born, you had 300 bones. Now you have 206, if you are an adult. The rest of the bones have not disappeared – they have merely fused together.
36. The nail on the middle finger grows faster than the other fingernails.
37. Hair is made of same substance as fingernails.
38. Smallest bone of body is in ears.
39. It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
40. Our entire body functions stop when we sneeze, even your heart beat.
41. The average man has about 11 erections each day and several more at night.
42. 80% of the brain is water.
43. The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as the Encyclopedia Britannica.
44. A fetus acquires fingerprints at the age of three months.
45. Three hundred million cells die in the human body every minute.