1. Hinduism is the oldest known religion, with its roots going back to 10,000 years and Hindu Literature dating back to 7000 BCE.
2. 14% of the World’s Population follows Hinduism making it 3rd Largest religion after Christianity and Islam.
3. Yoga, Pranayama, Astrology, Numerology, Palmistry, and Vastu are all part of Hindu culture and lifestyle.
4. The largest Hindu temple in the world is surprisingly not in India but is in Angkor, Cambodia.
5. Nepal was formed by a Hindu saint called Ne Muni.
6. In Hinduism men and woman are treated as equal halves. Women are also treated as Goddesses.
7. Hindu temples are not just architectural marvels, they are energy centers and hold great scientific significance which was proven. The usage of metals and construction patterns are proven to transmit positive energy.
Image Source – Flickr
8. Dharma, Artha, Kama, and Moksha are the four goals of an ideal Hindu.
9. The word ‘Karma’ is derived from the Hindu concept of ‘good and bad deeds’
10. Buddhism has its roots from Hinduism, it originated first in India and later spread across Asia.
11. US president Barack Obama always carries a statue of Hanuman with him.
12. Steve Jobs had suggested Mark Zuckerberg to visit to visit Kainchi Dham, a temple in Uttarakhand to find his inner peace and spirituality.
13. The World’s richest religious structure is in India, The Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala holds properties including most precious jewelry worth around US$ 22.3 Billion.
14. There are 108,000 recognized temples in India.
15. There is no known founder of Hinduism.
16.’Hinduism’ is not the real word for the religion. The real name of Hinduism is
Sanatana Dharma. This means “eternal dharma”, or eternal truth.
17. The word Hinduism is derived from the word ‘Sindhu River’.
Image Source – Prasad Sawant
18. ‘Kumbhamela’, a Hindu Festival which occurs once every 12 years is the largest gathering of humans in the world.
Saree, a dress worn by women even in modern India and Nepal, dates its origin to the Hindu Cultures from Indus Valley Civilization (2000 BC). 20. Hinduism has its huge influence and common concepts with Sikhism and Jainism which are later originated in India.
108 is one of the holiest numbers in Hinduism. 108 is considered a holy number also in Buddhism, Sikhism, and Jainism while its roots originated from Hinduism.
22. Rig Veda is the oldest known book in the world with its contents dating back to 7000 B.C.
23. Kamasutra Book is one of the highest selling books around the world.
24. The Vedas and many other teachings of Hinduism were preserved for thousands of years without paper. They were Chanted, memorized and passed on to the next generations.
25. Singapore City is built based on the Hindu literature of Architecture called ” Vastu ” which is appreciated by the most modern day architects and is adopted in their designs around the world.
There are 100s of many other facts on Hinduism if you know more please share on the comment below.